Matthias Bußjäger wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a question to Lyx 1.6.2 / 1.6.3 used on Windows XP.
>
> If I type a text in Lyx there's a delay of approximately half a second to
> one second between typing a character and the illustration in the display.
> This is really annoying when writing a text speedy.
> I also use Lyx on Debian. There it's in real-time and a pleasure to write!
>
> So, can anyone tell me, what's the problem using Lyx on Windows XP ?
>
> I found no bug report, is this problem only in my case?

from time to time somebody report this on a different platforms and its
usually problem to pinpoint where is the problem. which processes take
most cpu time when you type fastly in the task manager? there was problem
with speed on 1.6.2 and many child documents in 1.6.2, fixed in 1.6.3.
are your .lyx files placed on some net or usb device?

pavel