Hi Ingar, Guenter,

Thanks very much for your inputs.

I finally used Xelatex to generate the PDF with Verdana font. It works very
well, except that it does not support the  `attachfile' package that I use
to attach files to the PDF document. Do you know of any other packages that
Xelatex supports, that can be used to attach files to the PDF.

I first generated a tex file from my Lyx file, and then added the following
lines to the tex file before running the Xelatex command to generate the
PDF.
*\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont{Verdana}*

I got the following warning (however, the PDF got generated without any
attachments) -
"Package attachfile Warning: attachfile works _only_ with pdfLaTeX and
_only_ in

(attachfile)                PDF-generating mode. For this run, placeholders
wil
(attachfile)                be substituted for all attachfile commands.."

Many thanks in advance,

Parul