Steve Litt wrote:
Hi all,

How can I embed a spreadsheet (MS Excel I assume) into a LyX or LaTeX document?

I wrote an external inset for spreadsheets some time ago.
You can find it here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-de...@lists.lyx.org/msg132049.html

It supports openoffice, excel and gnumeric spreadsheets. It is necessary to have gnumeric installed, as gnumeric is the spreadsheet->latex converter.

My external inset needs a recompile of LyX, because the
latex export uses some packages that Lyx didn't know about
at the time.

It will still work if you don't recompile, but then you
need to add some \usepackage statements to your latex preamble.

Helge