Yago schrieb:

For example when you say,

(when the "sin" would not be upright, it would even mean s*i*n*1/2)

you don't remember the "lineal functions" (archs) in a circle that are typed with the first letter upright, like this:

Sin AM

I meant upright (the opposite of italic) and not uppercase.

Nevertheless, Bruce also described what I meant in his today's post in this email thread: You are using your own typesetting rules making communication with the rest of the world complicted.

The appendix of LyX's Math manual consists of a list of math typesetting rules. You might at least have a look at them in case you have to read math in books that are not specially written for naval military.

regards Uwe