On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 12:59 -0500, Les Denham wrote:
> On Monday 28 September 2009 11:02:11 Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> > I don't know where the problem is except that perhaps the way things get
> > translated from LyX to LaTeX to the pdf files gets messed up from
> > whatever standard powerdot needs to create a normal result.
>

> Kenward,
>
> Firstly, check that your LaTeX installation meets the requirements specified
> in
> the Powerdot documentation (page 26).
>
> The ps2pdf conversion is the only one which will work properly with Powerdot.

Yes, as I have found out.

> I have numerous presentations which work properly with the following options:
>
> nopsheader,style=horatio,display=slides,paper=screen
>
> These are set in Document Class (under Document Settings) as a string in
> Custom, under Class Options. The style can be any of the other Powerdot
> styles. Everything else in Document Settings I leave at whatever  is the
> default, except for the Preamble. Here I fill in the PDF options using
> \pdsetup.

Your choices still make no difference (screen mode on a portrait page).

Regarding the reqs. for powerdot... those should be in place if the
Debian packager has their stuff together.  That seems to be the case,
since I have found that a simple export to plain latex, followed by runs
through latex, dvips, and ps2pdf, work perfectly (xpdf and acroread).

I still am led to believe that something in LyX's script must have
options in it which cause the failure to create this.

I do appreciate your help!

Kenward
--
The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I
have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than