> You now found Dia, but why do you need LaTeX code. Personally I create my
> diagrams using the program
> that fit my needs for the desired kind of diagrams. So for free-hand drawings
> and illustrations I
> use Inkscape or OpenOffice Draw, for diagrams I use SciDAVis, Origin or
> OpenOffice Calc, for mind
> maps FreeMind, etc. All provide a PDF output that I insert as image to my
> documents.

I was thinking if the LaTeX code is in LyX, I can do re-editing directly
the object, in case modification required. Now using external material
(Dia), re-editing of the original object is possible, even easier, no
code involving.

What I used to do. Using OpenOffice draw, then I copied, then I pasted
to LyX (in Ubuntu), a dialog pop up and asked me to save in png (or
jpeg). So the image is in this format. It means I lost control of of the
original drawing objects! If I right click the image in the screen, Gimp
will appear. I cannot for example resize one of the object only.

Now, using external material as suggested by Pavel, I can have a full
control of the objects that I draw and possible to modify when it is
needed. So this is what I want.. I was thinking LaTeX code, now even
easier for me..

Regards, Waluyo