Hi Günter,

Thank you for the thorough reply.

"Seems to be the default CM. Never call it ugly on a TeX-related list."

I will remember that.  I should probably apologize for the rather harsh
language.  It's amazing what happens when you are frustrated.  By the time I
had emailed the list, I had tried just about everything I knew of to get it to
work.  I also appreciate the pointers to the previous discussion, which I only
skimmed when it appeared on the list last week.

"What do you call correct?"

The document class specifies a completely different font from computer modern.
(As I wrote the document class, there might be a problem in how I have defined
it though.)  It should be making use of an Open Type font called Diavlo.  Here
is the relevant font code from the document class.

\RequirePackage{fancyhdr}
\RequirePackage{fontspec}
\RequirePackage{xunicode}
\RequirePackage{xlxtra}

\setmainfont{Diavo}
\setmonofont{Courier 10 Pitch}

As I mentioned in the previous email, this code gets ignored completely.  Even
if I add the following to the LaTeX document preamble:

\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{xunicode}
\usepackage{xlxtra}

\setmainfont{Diavlo}
\setmonofont{Courier 10 Pitch}

I will go ahead and look through the archives.  Any ideas on why the document
class font code is getting ignored?

Cheers,

Rob