On Tuesday 12 January 2010 03:47:03 Daniel Lohmann wrote:
> On 12.01.2010, at 07:05, Steve Litt wrote:
> > Ugh!
> >
> > I wanted rows with 3 columns. Column 1 is the name of the graphic.
> > Column 2 is
> > the graphic itself. Column 3 is a short explanation of the graphic.
> > I used
> > individual 1 row, 3 column tables to save room and make sure pages
> > broke
> > reasonably.
> >
> > Trouble is, no matter how I set cell alignment in any of the
> > columns, the
> > graphic always rises to the top, and the text (in other columns/
> > cells mind
> > you) always starts just below where the graphic ends, thereby
> > costing a lot of
> > space, looking ugly, and causing confusion.
> >
> > Does anyone have an idea how to get the graphic and text to line up
> > correctly,
> > vertically, within their respective cells? Does anyone have any idea
> > what
> > would cause the behavior I describe?
>
> Hi Steve,
>
> have you tried using minipages instead? In my experience they tend to
> be less fragile than tables. I have never tried 3 columns (just 2 so
> far), but that shouldn't matter. Just insert 3 minipages side by side
> with a width of 33% \textwidth and a \hfill in between.
>
> Daniel

Thanks Daniel,

Yeah, I tried a minipage containing three minipages just before I wrote the
original email. It walked waaaaaay off the right side of the page.

Hmmm, but I didn't try the textwidth and hfill. Where would I place the
\textwidth, and how would I back it out once all these triples are complete?

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package