Am 16.01.2010 15:24, schrieb rgheck:

Today I tried to make a pdf or dvi from the LyX Help doc/de
"EmbeddedObjects", but it stops with LaTeX errors at the floating
table 22 before the section head 2.12.3. I report the first LaTeX
errors below.

LaTeX Warning: Command \textasciitilde invalid in math mode on input
line 2152.

As written in the text, the LaTeX-package takes the whole table content as math.
\textasciitilde is therefore indeed not correct, it is nevertheless strange that you cannot compile the file due to a warning.

I replaced the ~ now with a +, please check if this version:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/export/33063/lyx-devel/branches/BRANCH_1_6_X/lib/doc/EmbeddedObjects.lyx
works now for you.

regards Uwe