M-L a écrit :
[...]
I must be on the wrong track then, and my apologies to Jean-Marie and
yourself.

It is the "Sender Name" that has my name and address so obviously I am
looking at the wrong thing?

So renew my question:

Debian Testing [Squeeze] Using LyX Version 1.6.5

Letter [KOMA - Script-v.2]

Which of the commands below affect the "Sender Name" field
If you look at the manual scrguien.pdf everything you need is visible in figure 6.1: "Schematic of letter paper's pseudo lengths". The pseudo length for Sender Name vertical position is called "firstheadvpos". To adjust it you can add in the preamble:

\...@addtoplength{firstheadvpos}{2cm}

You can also create your own "lco" parameter file (derived from the DIN.lco you are using) to suit your needs.

HTH
--
jmp