On 01/20/2010 10:54 AM, maarten rutgers wrote:
I set up a very simple test document with three chapters, each included in one
master, each referring back to the master.  All four documents (1 master, and 3
children) are all in the same directory.  Question is, is opening only one
child even supposed to show the whole table of contents for all the documents?
I have no idea what I did to my older document which has this nice behavior.

Yes. The master and its other children should be opened in the background, and you should see them all under View. You should also see the outline for the whole document.

Are all the children actually included in the master? If not, you will not see them, because the master doesn't know about them.

rh