On 01/20/2010 02:03 PM, maarten rutgers wrote:
Ok, I finally ran a reconfigure on my LyX and the problem went away.  Now
having just one child document open without the master being open will again
bring up all the relevant child documents.  I have not reconfigured for  along
time.  I am surprised though that the problem manifested itself on two
computers at the same time.

So, not much of a solution since I have no idea how to reproduce this problem
again.  Just keep in mind that when your outline starts doing funny things,
reconfigure your LyX

Mac: Lyx>  Reconfigure
PC: Tools>  Reconfigure

That is very strange.