I'm back at home so let's see the procedure I used to install CocoAspell:

1- Removed aspell via: make remove (I installed it with macports, then
removed it. Afterwards I installed the version working in my computer
compiling from source.)
2- Downloaded and installed CocoAspell.
3- Test it with English. It worked perfectly.
4- Downloaded and uncompressed the Spanish dictionary.
5- Copied dictionary files to: /Application Support/cocoAspell/aspell6-en-6.0-0
6- Enabled the Spanish dictionary through the cocoAspell preference pane.
7- Test it with Lyx and... still the same behavior, no accented words
are recognized.

Can you help me?
Julio Rojas
jcredbe...@gmail.com