I'm in the process of writing my thesis in Lyx, but I'm pretty new to it. I've been
having some problems with creating multirows in tables. I tried to follow the
instructions from>http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/Tables, but can't get it to work in my
own lyx document. Whenever I want to watch the PDF view an error saying Undefined
control sequence pops up with the following>description:

\multirow
              {2}{2.5cm}{multi row}&   &   &   &  \tabularnewline
The control sequence at the end of the top line
of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have

You need to declare the multrow package. In Documents->Settings-->Preamble write

\usepackage{multirow}

Yes, see also the EmbeddedObjects manual that you find in LyX's help menu for a
detailed description.

The next major LyX release LyX 2.0 will support multirows directly so that you don't have to use TeX- and preamble code anymore.

regards Uwe

@ Ingar: LyX needs your translation help. LyX 1.6.6 comes out in 2 weeks and perhaps you find the time to update no.po and/or nn.po.