On Fri, 2010-05-21 at 22:41 -0400, BH wrote:
> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 10:30 PM, Johann Jaeckel <jaecj...@newschool.edu>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2010-05-21 at 21:31 -0400, BH wrote:

> >> You probably want to use BibLaTeX, though it takes a bit of work to
> >> get it set up to work with LyX. See:
> >>
> >> http://wiki.lyx.org/BibTeX/Biblatex
> >>
> >> BH
> >
> > Sorry for the empty mail, and thanks for your reply. However, reading
> > through the BibLaTex wiki, I don't see how this is going to solve my
> > problem. Could you please clarify?
>
> Look at the variety of BibLaTeX styles that are described on that
> webpage. You probably want to use something like the verbose style,
> which will print out complete citations in the text. See
>
> http://wiki.lyx.org/BibTeX/Biblatex#toc9
>
> For complete information, look at the BibLaTeX manual here:
>
> http://dante.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/exptl/biblatex/doc/biblatex.pdf
>
> BH

I feel am getting there. However, there still seems to be an issue that
was discussed over the list some time ago:

http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg75639.html

As suggested in the mail above, I complete the path to my .bib file in
the preamble:

\bibliography{/home/johann/Dropbox/teaching/BibliographyMPE}

Yet, the problem persists. My output file still displays only the key to
the reference in the bib file.

Regards.
Johann