Justin Wood wrote:
> Hi all. I've had a look around but can't seem to find an answer to this
> one... I want to create a regular ole framed box (you know, as a
> self-contained area for 'aside' or 'extra info' type content), but I can't
> figure out how to give it a useful automatic identifier. As in, following
> the same naming format that Figure captions do: Box 1, or Box 1.1, etc, and
> have this displayed in the top part of the box somewhere.

You can define a new float in the layout file of you class or (preferably) in
a new module. The syntax is

Float
        Type                  box
        GuiName               Box
        Placement             tbp
        Extension             lob
        NumberWithin          none
        Style                 plaintop
        ListName              "List of Boxes"
        LaTeXBuiltin          false
End

Then put a box inside this float.

There's also a "boxed" style which puts the float in the box in the first
place, but it looks different to what you want (caption outside and below
box).

HTH,
Jürgen