I've been using this module and it's almost exactly what I need. I changed
the layout to NumberWithin = chapter to give me Box 1.1, 1.2, etc. But I
need to change a few other things... so here's a shopping list:

1. align the caption left, and set font parameters. Can I do that with
{caption} package somehow; if not, where in the LaTeX preamble is that
controlled? (Attempts to change, eg, kern8pt haven't worked.)

2. separate paragraphs with blank line the same as LyX does for normal text;
add blank line after Box caption too.

** 3. make use of cross references to the Box Float label. At the moment
this doesn't work with <reference> (/ref) or Formatted reference
(/prettyref) modes — both simply produce 'subsection ??'. Most importantly I
just want the reference to be 'Box 1.1', same as for figure floats; the
numbering is crucial.

I'm frustrated not to be able to figure this out for myself but so far LaTeX
is continuing to defeat me...

Thanks all!