On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 6:49 PM, Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Apr 2011, Liviu Andronic wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately it's bitmap, but even so if you zoom to about 1000% you will
>> clearly notice that the Palladio ligatures have much less "ligature
>> pixels" than the Pagella. The latter features a solid black line in the
>> 'ff' ligature, and an almost 'continuous' line for the 'fi' ligature,
>> while Palladio features a completely discontinuous 'fi' symbol.
>
> Liviu,
>
>  Oh. xpdf goes only to 400x.

You can enlarge the bitmaps using Mirage. But if you're playing with
the PDF files, here in Evince even at 400% there's a (hardly, but)
noticeable white pixel in 'fi' for both Palladio and Pagella, and a
clear distance in the Palladio 'ff'. The Pagella 'ff' ligature is
clear-cut.

>  OK, this weekend I'll get the Pagella and install it.

Have fun.
Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?