I recently installed LyX on Snow Leopard (Server) [10.6.7 with all the
latest patches]. Go to lyx.org and download the dmg from there. That page
you listed is somewhat old; Apple don't appear to be update those download
pages anymore --- they are pushing App Store instead.

Remember you will need to have an installed TeX before installing LyX.
Follow the hints on he Mac-specific pages in the Wiki, which will direct you
to CTAN for a Mac TeX install (be aware that the recommended MacTeX
install is a pkg of 1.2Gb). MacTeX will install most of the common TeX/LaTeX
packages for you/

If you havent used LyX before read the documentation it will be worth the
effort. And remember that the online help provided with LyX is in LyX format
so as you read it you will have a good introduction to the user interface.

--
Regards, Trevor.

<>< Re: deemed!