On Thursday, August 11, 2011 04:03:20 AM ehud.kap...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have discovered that the new Ubuntu 11.04 GUI Unity (or perhaps
> its appmenu) kills the menus on Lyx 2.0 (and several other
> programs, such as VLC), possibly because of a qt4 incompatibility.
>  The bug has been known for almost a year.  Does anyone have a way
> of getting around it, short of using gnome instead of Unity?
> Thanks,
> EK

This response is non-responsive to your question, but...

Unity! Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch!

Never has a worse user interface been conceived or deployed. It even
beats out Windows 7 for lameness.

I have no idea how to fix Unity induced problems in any app, sorry.

I went back to classic when upgrading to Ubuntu 11.04. If a future
Ubuntu ever forces me to go Unity, I'll move away from Ubuntu.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore/key_excellence.htm