Am 07.12.2011 um 20:43 schrieb Guenter Milde:

> On 2011-12-07, Eric Weir wrote:

>>> Actually, for small changes you do not even need a different LaTeX class but
>>> just a LyX layout (if you can tex2lyx from the command line with
>>> "-c myclass" and the -c switch operates as I suppose).
>
>> Thanks, Guenter. That reference to the command line is Greek to me. I
>> used the command line a fair bit the year I gave Linux a try, but don't
>> use it much now that I'm on a Mac. I imagine what you're suggesting is
>> pretty simple, but I'm not clear what I should do or what would be
>> accomplished.
>
> I suppose there is an x-terminal-emulator (or "command line app")
> also on Mac OS X.

Type terminal into the spotlight search field in case you don't know how to
find it.
Terminal.app should be the top-match.

> When starting programs from the command line (or an terminal emulation), you
> can pass them options. The tex2lyx converter can be used as an independent
> program and supports a some configuration options if used so.
> Try the command
>
>   tex2lyx --help

That would be like this:
$ /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/MacOS/tex2lyx --help
Usage: tex2lyx [options] infile.tex [outfile.lyx]
        -c textclass       Declare the textclass.
        -e encoding        Set the default encoding (latex name).
        -f                 Force overwrite of .lyx files.
        -help              Print this message and quit.
        -n                 translate a noweb (aka literate programming) file.
        -roundtrip         re-export created .lyx file infile.lyx.lyx to
infile.lyx.tex.
        -s syntaxfile      read additional syntax file.
        -sysdir dir        Set system directory to DIR.
        -userdir DIR       Set user directory to DIR.

Stephan