On Dec 8, 2011, at 9:03 AM, Stephan Witt wrote:

> Am 08.12.2011 um 14:40 schrieb Eric Weir:

>>> That would be like this:
>>> $ /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/MacOS/tex2lyx --help
>>
>> Thanks, Stephan. I tried that first line as a command. When that didn't work
>> I switch to the MacOS directory and did the tex2lyx command. I get "not
>> found." What'm I doing wrong?
>
> The dollar sign should indicate you're on a command line prompt and you have
> to start entering the command with /Application/...
> I'd guess you get "command not found" when in directory
> /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/MacOS because modern Unix don't have the
> current directory in PATH environment. You have to type ./tex2lyx then.

Hmm. Musta done something wrong the first time. After getting your response I
tried the command using the path again before trying your suggestion. This time
it worked. Guess it would worked first time, too, except that....

Thanks,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"Imagining the other is a powerful antidote to fanaticism and hatred."

- Amos Oz