On 01/04/2012 07:34 AM, Rainer M Krug wrote:

On 04/01/12 12:44, Stephan Witt wrote:
Am 04.01.2012 um 07:36 schrieb Stephan Witt:

Am 04.01.2012 um 01:28 schrieb Jerry:
To check if this is the culprit one may add the following
line to your preferences file: \force_paint_single_char
false On a Mac this is the file "~/Library/Application
Support/LyX-2.0/preferences". (Broken cursor placement for
long lines should be one consequence.)
I've added the line that you suggest and the scrolling is
improved--much like or exactly like 2.0.1 scrolling that I
commented on earlier in this thread. And I see no problem with
an incorrectly placed cursor.
Please, try it with a line of many "m" letters. Is the cursor
placement at the end of the "m"-text correct?

Stephan

PS. Currently I'm working on a mini statistics with different
settings on my Mac. This takes a significant amount of time
because of the many builds I have to try.
And this is the result: I've opened the users guide and started to
page down unto the end once.

* 2.0.0, 4.6.3 Carbon, 22 Sekunden * 2.0.0, 4.6.3 Cocoa, 23
Sekunden * 2.0.2, 4.7.2 Cocoa, 20 Sekunden * 2.1svn, 4.8.0 Cocoa,
23 Sekunden * 2.1svn, 4.8.0 Carbon, 23 Sekunden * 2.1svn, 4.6.3
Carbon, 22 Sekunden
Just to add a non-mac number (Ubuntu Oneiric, all updates, LyX self
compiled from source, no tweaks, oldish laptop):

2.0.2, qt 4.8.5  25 seconds
I get there in about twelve seconds, but this is on a very fast machine. There are noticeable pauses as one hits the graphics, but otherwise it feels responsive.

Richard