On 05.01.2012 19:14, André Pönitz wrote:
On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 09:28:58AM +0100, Olivier Ripoll wrote:
To check if this is the culprit one may add the following line to your
preferences file:
\force_paint_single_char false
On a Mac this is the file "~/Library/Application
Support/LyX-2.0/preferences".
(Broken cursor placement for long lines should be one consequence.)

Will try this when I have some time.

I did not see significant changes with or without this line.

Out of curiosity: Can you try the same with "\use_pixmap_cache false" ?

Andre'

Hi,

I think I should refine my previous statement. I mean that we are entering into the "subjective" changes:

When I drag the scrollbar down on the "introduction" manual
- 2.0.1 is full scrooling smoothly (*), both in the text scrolling and the toolbar scrolling. - 2.0.2 "pristine" jumps in 2 to 3 steps (text and scrollbar): top of the document, sometimes an intermediate step, and bottom of the document.
        * Adding "\use_pixmap_cache" and setting to false or true has no effect
* Adding " \force_paint_single_char", set to false has a slight effect, like there are now 5-6 steps and there are sometimes 1-2 areas where it scrolls smoothly on a few lines. So I'd say subjectively this setting removes 10%-20% of the regression.

Note that the issue is still present if scrolling up back to the top then down again (IOW it's not a 1 time effect)

For the sake of completness, I have to say I now notice LyX taking 50% CPU in all versions while scrolling fast, with I did not remember seeing with 2.0.1 before (perhaps I was using another document and I was scrolling on smaller areas ...).

Best regards,

Olivier

(*) If you look closely, the scrollbar sometimes may jump a 2-pixel step with 2.0.1, but you really don't perceive that as a "jump". The 2.0.2 jumps can be like a 1 second freeze of the scroolbar and text (the mouse cursor moving smoothly), then jumps several hundreds pixels down.