On Jul 31, 2012, at 4:36 PM, Liviu Andronic wrote:

> LyX comes with support for a lot of external tools, provided that
> these are installed and that LyX is 'reconfigured' (Tools >
> Reconfigure). A good place to check which additional packages are
> supported is the Debian/Ubuntu .deb packages (the 'suggested' list).
> Another way is to check the 'configure.py' script coming with LyX.

Thanks, Liviu. I'm on a Mac. I found 'configure.py' in
/applications/lyx.app/resources. It is a very complicated script. I can discern
references to specific tools in all the code.

How is this script used? Will it help me find the tools you mentioned, "eLyXer
for HTML export (to be
imported into Word) and the LibO-powered export to ODT." [Is the latter a
separate tool or a second possibility with eLyXer?]

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone,
men would die from a great loneliness of spirit."

- Chief Seattle