Am 07.06.2013 21:18, schrieb Y.A. Sharif:

2.I tried to run configuration script in DOS windows: C:\Program
Files(x86)\LyX20\Python\Python.exe , this one did not show any error. But when
I ran the other one with configure.py it showed the following messages:
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\LyX 2.0\Resources\configure.py", line 11, in ,
<module>
import  sys, os, re , shutil, glob, logging, subprocess
File "C:\python25\lib\subprocess.py", line375, in<module>
import threading
File "C:\python25\lib\threading.py", line 13, in <module>

That is why LyX comes with its own python. But do you really need Python 2.5?
If not I propose that you

1. Uninstall Python
2. Uninstall LyX _completely_
3. Open an Internet connection and reinstall LyX using the latest normal installer (not the bundle version)

If you need your Python, you should be able to update it to version 2.7:

1. Uninstall Python
2. Uninstall LyX _completely_
3. install Python 2.7 (not 3.x!!!)
4. Open an Internet connection and reinstall LyX using the latest normal
installer

The installer asks you to update MiKTeX, please allow this (this might take a minute)! The installer also shows you the path to the file latex.exe in an installer page. What path is shown for you?

If this doesn't work, what is your version of Windows 7, do you have admin permissions and how was MiKTeX installed (together with LyX or separate?). If MiKTeX was installed separately or was already there, what version do yo have?

regards Uwe