El Jueves, 08 de Agosto de 2013 12:24 p.m., Richard Heck escribió:

  On 08/08/2013 01:19 PM, curtis osterhoudt wrote:

    I *like* the way LyX handles it. I give my equations labels which
_make_sense_ to me as a physicist---like "Poisson-Eqn"---not having to coddle
to the structure of the paper. If I want to refer to the equation 20 pages
later, I don't have to go back and find the number and adapt the label or the
references, nor do I have to worry about renumbering if anything changes. The
cross-reference system built into Lyx/LaTeX takes care of that.

       My only objection is the (perhaps apocryphal, but lodged in my brain
since I've used LyX for about a decade now) requirement/suggestion to put
dashes in place of spaces in one's labels.

  Yes, LaTeX regards the space as separating tokens, and as things now are
labels get entered as raw LaTeX, not as something that gets processed by LyX.
So no spaces. That, however, would be easy to fix.

  Richard

I have written my MSc thesis in LyX and the way references are handled helps me
a lot, but I got only one suggestion: when I set my own labels LyX also asigns
a number to the equation which is automatically changed but doesn´t correspond
to the "real" equation number that appears in the final text, so when I finally
got about 120 pages written I detect one wrong equation and I have to spend a
few time to detect which equation is in the LyX document because I didn´t find
the equation 2.4 instead it was equation 17. So I think this behaviour is wrong
and must be fixed.

Best Regards
Alex