On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 11:53 AM, stefano franchi <stefano.fran...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Wolfgang Keller <felip...@gmx.net>wrote:
>

>> > And I say this as a LyX-only writer for the past 15 years or so.
>>
>> The first public LyX version was when? Can't have been much longer
>> than 10 years ago.
>

> Way earlier than that. I switched to Lyx after I completed my dissertation
> (which I wrote in Framemaker, on a NeXt cube.

I've been using LyX since 2000 or so but didn't start using it seriously
until they implemented the ability to open multiple panes and windows on a
single buffer — lack of that feature had been a dealbreaker that kept me
with Emacs+auctex. Since then, however, I've used it for nearly all of my
papers and presentations. It's really superb software, especially for
longtime LaTeX users.

 Boy am I old!). I defended in 1997...

Oh please... :-)

-chris