----- Original Message -----

  I noticed when I had to paste some graphics with a lot of text that LyX (or
rather the libraries used by LyX) seem to reduce the resolution of the pasted
graphics (copied selection from Preview and pasted as a png-file in LyX).
Anyone else experienced it, or could it be a setting somewhere in my
environment? If so, does anyone have an idea of how to solve it (save the
cropped file as a png in Preview of course works, but is several additional
steps).

  All the best!
  Anders

The best you can do in these cases is save the graphic in svg format whenever
posible. Otherwise you must edit your graphic on inkscape to add the text
manually and then export it as svg. If you doesn´t go into vectorial graphics
you will definetively lose resolution and then the text will look awful.

regards!
Alex