stefano franchi <stefano.franchi <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Mark Horton <mark.horton001 <at>
yahoo.co.uk> wrote:I found the "package" to do the job called Minitoc.
 Unfortunately being anignorant beginner in this field  I don't know how to
"Install it " and make
> it work from Latex.
>

> Mark,
>
> installation of a Latex package is usually done, nowadays, by invoking the
TeX package manager used by your TeX distribution. But there are several of
those, and we can't help you further unless you tell us more about your
system. Which platform are you on? Linux, Mac, Windows? How did you install
(La)TeX? Detailed instructions on how to install the minitoc package depends
on the answers to those questions.Cheers,Stefano

> -- __________________________________________________Stefano
FranchiAssociate Research ProfessorDepartment of Hispanic Studies
Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
> Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-
6421College Station, Texas, USAstefano <at>
tamu.eduhttp://stefano.cleinias.org

Wow Thanks Stephano, this is a very helpful group.

I am Using Windows 7 Home Premium and Lyx ver 2.06
I have downloaded an upgrade and don't remember exactly how I did the
original.
I do remember it was very simple. I downloaded the Lyx file and then ran the
Lyx installer application, choosing whatever defaults were offered.
I don't recall installing La(Tex) in a separate process.

Regards

Mark :-)