Mark Horton <mark.horton001 <at> yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> stefano franchi <stefano.franchi <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Mark Horton <mark.horton001 <at>
> yahoo.co.uk> wrote:I found the "package" to do the job called Minitoc.
>  Unfortunately being anignorant beginner in this field  I don't know how
> "Install it " and make
> > it work from Latex.
> >

> > Mark,
> >
> > installation of a Latex package is usually done, nowadays, by invoking
the
> TeX package manager used by your TeX distribution. But there are several
of
> those, and we can't help you further unless you tell us more about your
> system. Which platform are you on? Linux, Mac, Windows? How did you
install
> (La)TeX? Detailed instructions on how to install the minitoc package
depends
> on the answers to those questions.Cheers,Stefano
> >

> > -- __________________________________________________Stefano
> FranchiAssociate Research ProfessorDepartment of Hispanic Studies

> Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
> > Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-
> 6421College Station, Texas, USAstefano <at>
> tamu.eduhttp://stefano.cleinias.org
> >

> Wow Thanks Stephano, this is a very helpful group.
>
> I am Using Windows 7 Home Premium and Lyx ver 2.06
> I have downloaded an upgrade and don't remember exactly how I did the
> original.
> I do remember it was very simple. I downloaded the Lyx file and then ran
the
> Lyx installer application, choosing whatever defaults were offered.
> I don't recall installing La(Tex) in a separate process.
>
> Regards
>
> Mark

Stephano has replied, but he has not used MikTeX and doesn't use windows.
Combining that with my near complete ignorance he has quite sensibly
suggested I try to find out about installing packages with MikTeX.

Having so far managed to produce a pretty impressive document (if only by
weight) in LyX I am quite keen to keep it up and finish it in LyX if I can.

Mark