EPS files are not natively supported. The pdf created is a wrapper for the
EPS. Do you have the

\DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.pdf,.eps,png} %Allowed includegraphics

Declared in the preamble? There are huge reasons to not use .jpgs in text
and an EPS should work. I know that this might be a huge pain, but if it
doesn't work, can you load it into something and save it as a pdf? A pdf
will work. I have had great luck with svg files as well but yes, you might
also have to spam the dev list.

~Ben