Hi:

I have a steady hand and a good eye when soldering and was thinking of
crafting null modem cables like Rick Hanson used to do for sale to the
model T community. This to to make file transfer cheap and easy for our
community, especially the folks who don't own a NADSbox or are new to the
model T. What specifications would be the most universal, DB9 to DB25, male
or female? I'm thinking of crafting a general purpose serial cable and
adding a gender changer or two to adapt to any configuration.

Of course these days a usb to serial adapter would be needed by most folks,
but one still needs the "special" full null modem cable to make the final
connection. Or can this be done in  the software of the usb to serial cable
itself? Any recommendations on a good usb to serial device/cable (like an
FTDI) that we could recommend to new folks?

Your thoughts on this are appreciated

Dave Szasz NV3F