Of course, I could be misinterpreting how it is supposed to work.  Given
that we have an ORG address which is an actual physical address, I was
expecting that the START label which is going to end up referring to an
address that is calculated with an offset from ORG (because it is further
into the file) would end up being available for the linker script.

But, is it rather the case that ENTRY actually also does have to refer to a
physical address?  I'd have to compile it once and then look at the .LST
output to find out at what address START ends up being, to then be able to
modify the linker script with the correct entry address.

Thanks,
Gary

--
Gary Weber