Heh, I went through the exact same thing and totally failed to impress my kids
with my laser-printed fake dot matrix printouts that I was positively giddy
over...

> Anyway, I find myself considering picking up an actual dot matrix
> printer to go with my T102 just for the fun of it. Any recommendations?
>  I'm also thinking of getting a CoCo at some point so I'd prefer one
> with a serial interface.  I had an Epson RX-80 back in the day and I
> don't want to hassle with a serial to parallel adapter again.  There
> are a few DMP-130s on eBay that look okay but I'm wondering if anyone
> has any experience.  Is it hard/expensive to find ribbons, etc?

I got a DMP-105 along with the T200 I bought last year, and although
replacement ribbons are not available for sale anywhere that I've found, the
ribbon that was in it did print nicely for one trip through the cartridge and
then faded out.  Popping the cartridge open I found the sponge roller had
plenty of ink in it but had quite a flat spot from pressing against the
transfer roller for decades and wouldn't rotate past the flat spot.  The sponge
was also deteriorating and coming apart on my hands and work surface...

I read some tips online for creating a replacement sponge roller but haven't
got around to it yet... (I'd also need some appropriate ink to put in it, and I
toyed with the idea of buying a different ribbon cartridge and modifying the
sponge roller to fit mine)

The DMP-105 has both the usual parallel socket as well as a round DIN serial
socket which might be just what you want for a CoCo, I'm guessing.  The ribbon
problem might be a bit of a turn-off.  I've seen a few pass by on ebay for
cheap, and there are three listed right now.

        jim