      From: John R. Hogerhuis <jho...@pobox.com>
 To: m...@bitchin100.com
 Sent: Monday, February 19, 2018 11:37 AM
 Subject: Re: [M100] TDock

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 11:26 AM, Kevin Becker <ke...@kevinbecker.org> wrote:

Running the Pi from a read-only filesystem would prevent shutdown problems.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/ blog/adafruits-read-only/

True, but then you can't use it for storage, right?

If you're just using it as a display and a bridge to cloud storage that would
be sufficient.

I guess root filesystem were r/o, set noatime, and all logs went to ramdisk
with strict growth /cleanup limits, but store all modifiable files to a
separate partition or usb key.

Then you can store files, but at least you stay bootable in the face of any
corruption.
-- John.