My replacement battery specifically said NiCd when I ordered it.  I never
even looked at the battery when I installed it, but coincidentally just
this past weekend I happened to look closely at the 2nd one (it came in a 2
pack) and noticed it was NiMH not NiCd.  I was planning to to some research
to see what difference it might make.