Every version of BASIC is a little different than every other, even between
different models of computer from the same company, even if they are all
Microsoft basic.

There are lots of little syntax and capability and behavior detail
differences. Sometimes there are complete major features that exist in one
and not in another, sometimes it's trivial easily translated details where
both versions have roughly the same ability and functionality, but for
instance, maybe a program has array names like FOO$(), but you're on a
Model 1 and array names can only be a single letter, so you just have to
change all FOO() or FOO$() to F() or F$(), and away you go. The syntax,
feature, and function are all still *generally* the same.

Don't be too startled by this thing with the PRINT behavior. There is a lot
of exactly that kind of detail difference.

There are a few neat books that acts as a 3-way or 4-way Rosetta Stone for
translating between Apple, TRS-80, and Commodore, etc.

"Basic BASIC English Dictionary for the Apple, PET, and TRS-80"

"The BASIC Conversions Handbook for Apple, Commodore, TRS-80, and Atari
users"

Though I don't remember if either of those covers Model 100. Most likely
they mean Model I, or maybe I & III.

Even Just Model I alone had several different versions between rom updates
and several different disk basic versions.