Hi Jim,

On 10/29/20 2:09 AM, Jim Anderson wrote:
> [...]

This is certainly possible, but I did not have much need to switch user
areas on a 390KB floppy diskette or image, so I cannot say for certain.

> In my experience with using it on the M100, I end up back in USER 0 after
> executing any .COM program *except* for STAT.COM for some reason.  Anything
> else I have tried, whether it's 3rd party of part of CP/M (MBASIC.COM,
> PIP.COM, etc.) all land me back in USER 0 after execution.

But you can run other programs and the user area does not change.  Weird.

> Needless to say, this makes loading a software package with multiple files a
> tedious process:
>
> A>USER 4
> A>IMPORT SIXCHR.NM EIGHTCHR.NAM
> A>USER 4
> A>IMPORT NEXTFI.LE NEXTFILE.TXT
>
> ...repeat times 40 files for WordStar 4.0 (including all the sample
> documents) which is something I was just working on tonight.

This may be a quirk with IMPORT, since we know it is in very early
development right now.

Cheers,     Bert