I think you misread or misunderstood what I had said - when I run almost any
program EXCEPT for STAT.COM (and now I've discovered D.COM and SWEEP.COM behave
nicely too), I end up back in user 0.  Only those few programs which don't
perform a cold start on termination keep me in the same user area.  Every other
program I've tried using in another user area (third-party programs, DDT,
MBASIC, even PIP) put me back in user 0 after they end.

See what I wrote to Philip Avery in my previous message - I think I've found
the reason for this behavior, and it seems to be expected according to the
documentation, depending on the behavior of programs when they terminate.

        jim