Thank you, that thread is interesting. From reading that, it sure looks like what I have is a SAFE configured for Model 102.

It has both 28 and 40 pin headers, and mine the 40 pin is unpopulated and the 28 pin has a ribbon cable going to the option rom socket, and there is a hand-written sticker that says M102. So probably the same PCB can be configured for either Model 100  or 102, and maybe uses the 40-pin header and the system bus for 100.

That worked! Thank you!

I saved that basic program as SAFE.DO with dos line-endings, unwrapped the long lines, used tpdd to copy to the 102 and load in basic.

And used it to select rom 5, which loaded not only Sardine but also added a ROMPAK util to the main menu, just like you said.

I made a SINIT.DO which is the same as SAFE.DO but hardcoded to jump to ROM # 5, and you can use that with the bootstrap option in dlplus to go from cold-start in the least steps.

I stuck copies of SAFE.DO, SAFE.BA, SINIT.DO in that same google drive folder until I get a wiki page going.

Very nice, thanks again!

And thank you Paul Globman for including that program in a discussion post, because I don't see it anywhere else. Club100.org has an entire page dedicated just to Paul Globman stuff, and it's not there, nor is there any SAFE stuff on the docs library page.