Well, I started this little activity in 2006.

I have a pretty good working "hardware scroll patch" now running in virtual
T!

Recall-
* the M100 LCD drivers have a hardware scroll mode
* M100 does not take advantage of it to speed things up.
* I previously made a patch to the M100 rom that frees up 150 bytes.
* I've used most of that free space now to implement a patch that uses
hardware scroll.

The only condition that this patch corrects is the condition when an entire
8 lines of screen is being scrolled either up or down.

Other speed ups are imaginable but are much more complex to implement.

I have one last bug that I know of to fix, and when I get that done I will
share it so others can give it a try!

Steve