In T200, the video subsystem was really reworked to take advantage of
hardware scrolling.
>From a quick scan, it seems like the basic operation is the same for M100
and T200 (upper and lower portions of the LCD), so the same "organization"
should be applicable to the M100.

Could T200 video subsystem be back ported to M100?  Perhaps a much deeper
dive into the code could make the M100 truly work as well as the T200 from
this perspective, but I would worry that the end result would be so
substantially different that software compatibility may become an issue.

I guess they got away with software scroll on M100, but T200 would have
been completely unacceptable with such a slow scroll across 16 lines rather
than 8.

Anyhow, I have streamlined the patch now to only 95 bytes, leaving 55 bytes
for more stuff.  I may try to augment what is there with coverage for some
of the additional scroll corner cases.

Steve