  From: Travis Siegel
  To: Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility
  Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 10:28 PM
  Subject: Re: Navigating in Preview.

  If you're having trouble with previews continous view, try the single
  page view instead.  This will only allow one page at a time to be
  vissible to vo, so that you won't be dropped back at the beginning of
  the document.  There's some tricks for staying where you want to be
  in the preview app, but it's all dependent on whether or not you're
  interacting, and how your cursors are set, and (apparently) sometimes
  where the real cursor is.  It's actually not hard to get where you
  want to go, but it is a bit tricky, and takes timing sometimes (since
  you need to catch vo before it starts reading from page 1, interact
  with the text, then (usually) you're back where vo was, but
  occasionally, this doesn't happen, so you get dropped back at the
  start, which can be quite confusing, especially if you're new to
  preview, and don't know how to move around.
  But, if you turn on single page view, this problem goes away, with
  the only caveat being that you can't read the whole pdf from start to
  finish with a vo-a like you can if it's in cntinuous mode.
  hth.

  Please remember to update your membership options periodically by visiting