Hi Paul, Does clicking on the dimmed button do anything? (Is it possible that the announcement of "dimmed" doesn't reflect true status?) What happens when you choose the "Updates" menu instead? I'd guess that if an app were purchased, but you somehow deleted it, the "Purchased" menu entry would be dimmed but if it were updated since it was deleted it would have an active button in the "Updates" menu. Since Growl had a version update just last month, this should work.
Short of that, the only thing I can think of is to create another account that you associate with your iTunes ID for the Mac App Store. That should count as one of your iTunes account activations, but it should treat this as though you were starting up on a new computer -- everything should be downloadable. A bit weird if you have to move a downloaded app that way, though. This does bring up another potential issue about the Mac App Store: like the App Store for your iPhone, apps can come and go. I believe that the new version 4 of TextExpander won't be offered in the Mac App Store, because it doesn't meet the requirements for sandboxing. And I'm also wondering about differences between the version of DVDRemaster Pro sold through the Mac App Store and the ones that were purchased outside the App Store now that version 8 has arrived. It sounds as though Fairmount, the program that you need to deal with encryption (if you don't have the relevant bit of VLC already on your system), has been spun off to the people who make Mac DVDRipper Pro, so they're letting us get Mac DVDRipper Pro at a discounted price with a (paid) update to version 8 of DVDRemaster Pro (until July 31). But this must be different for the folks who bought this through the Mac App Store. HTH. Cheers, Esther On Jul 28, 2012, at 6:58 AM, Paul Hopewell wrote: > Hello, > I am having problems on Mountain Lion re-installing an App previously > installed from the Mac App store on Lion. I went to the purchases menu but > could not see an active install button for the required app. I thought that > on Lion you could re-install an App from the Mac App store via the purchases > menu. the FAQW for the Mac App store say that you can indeed re-install an An > App previously installed from the Mac App store. On Mountain Lion all that I > can see is a dimmed install button. > Is this an Apple bug? > Best regards.... > > Paul Hopewell <--- Mac Access At Mac Access Dot Net ---> To reply to this post, please address your message to [email protected] You can find an archive of all messages posted to the Mac-Access forum at either the list's own dedicated web archive: <http://mail.tft-bbs.co.uk/pipermail/mac-access/index.html> or at the public Mail Archive: <http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/>. Subscribe to the list's RSS feed from: <http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.xml> The Mac-Access mailing list is guaranteed malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and worm-free! Please remember to update your membership options periodically by visiting the list website at: <http://mail.tft-bbs.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/mac-access/options/>
