I think that this site did show the apps that were signed by apple with the new 
certificate system they use now.  I can't recall it at the moment but there ya 
go. i do hope this gets fixed in an update or a server side fix anyways.

Take care.
On Jul 29, 2012, at 8:29 AM, Gordon Smith <[email protected]> wrote:

> Sarah
> 
> Whilst it's true that the behaviour of the App Store is as I described 
> yesterday, it's also true to say that the App Store is still very flaky.  I 
> was one of the many who voiced the opinion to Apple via its many forums 
> pre-release that Mountain Lion wasn't ready for public release.  I stand by 
> that opinion.  The operating system itself isn't as stable as it should be.  
> The app store is extremely flaky.  But Apple is one of those organisations 
> who, sadly, sets deadlines to things and won't adjust that deadline no matter 
> what.  However, it is important to understand the behaviour.  Some 
> applications are not compatible with Mountain Lion not because they aren't 
> compatible, if that makes sense.  They are not compatible as far as the App 
> Store is concerned because the applications haven't been signed.  This is 
> true of many applications which would otherwise have been perfectly 
> compatible.  That may not sound logical, but it's one possibility as to why 
> your application install bu
 tt
> ons are dimmed.
> 
> And Sarah, I remember a conversation which we had privately a couple of weeks 
> ago on this subject.  You then said that you weren't going to upgrade to 
> Mountain Lion until these problems were fixed.  Clearly you've changed your 
> mind, as you are, of course, perfectly entitled to do.  :-)
> 
> Anyway, I am still in communications with Apple and, if I get any info back 
> from them I will let the group know.
> 
> Gordon
> 
> On 28 Jul 2012, at 18:06, Sarah Alawami <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Uh huh.  I am having that same problem as well. In fact most of my install 
> buttons are dimmed.  and it says "installed, dimmed" not "install" as if the 
> app is already installed. is this what you are seeing? I checked on a web 
> page the thas a list of compatible apps for ml and the apps I use that are in 
> the app store are on said list.  so they should indeed install.
> 
> <--- Mac Access At Mac Access Dot Net --->
> 
> To reply to this post, please address your message to 
> [email protected]
> 
> You can find an archive of all messages posted    to the Mac-Access forum at 
> either the list's own dedicated web archive:
> <http://mail.tft-bbs.co.uk/pipermail/mac-access/index.html>
> or at the public Mail Archive:
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/>.
> Subscribe to the list's RSS feed from:
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.xml>
> 
> The Mac-Access mailing list is guaranteed malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and 
> worm-free!
> 
> Please remember to update your membership options periodically by visiting 
> the list website at:
> <http://mail.tft-bbs.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/mac-access/options/>

<--- Mac Access At Mac Access Dot Net --->

To reply to this post, please address your message to [email protected]

You can find an archive of all messages posted    to the Mac-Access forum at 
either the list's own dedicated web archive:
<http://mail.tft-bbs.co.uk/pipermail/mac-access/index.html>
or at the public Mail Archive:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/>.
Subscribe to the list's RSS feed from:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.xml>

The Mac-Access mailing list is guaranteed malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and 
worm-free!

Please remember to update your membership options periodically by visiting the 
list website at:
<http://mail.tft-bbs.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/mac-access/options/>

Reply via email to