Hi Jackie

As the list owner, I can confirm that I am very happy with the way this
discussion has panned out.  This is what the group is here for.  We always
encourage civilised mature discussion which is precisely what is happening.

As a devotee of ioS, OS X and everything Apple, I do acknowledge that there are
times when Apple's products just are not in the ball park.  However, as others
have so rightly said, if you're prepared to spend a little time on things,
there are frequently work-arounds.  Naturally, we don't want detailed
discussion of Microsoft and other alien products on this list, that's why we
also run Techno Chat, a fee-for-all discussion group of everything technology
has to offer.  We try to kind of keep Apple's products off that list because it
would be kind of like defeating the object.  Feel free, if you haven't already
done so, to join Techno Chat which you may do by:

1. Visiting the Techno-Chat mailing list's website at:

2.  You may join directly by sending a message with the word "Subscribe",
(without the quotes) in the subject line or body of your message, to:
<techno-chat-requ...@techno-chat.net>

3.  You may wish to read the list policy document which you may find at:
<http://www.techno-chat.net/Techno-Chat-Welcome.html>
Please note that the URL above is case-sensitive.

Naturally, this discussion is bound to lead to other topics.  So I urge
contributors to please monitor the subject line and use your initiative to
change them as the discussion evolves.

Dono, John, Chris, Josh, Mary and all, thank you for your contributions to this
thread.

Kind regards

<--- Gordon Smith --->

<gor...@mac-access.net>