On May 9, 2005, at 5:27 AM, Stephen Chace wrote:

Thanks to all,

I did not realize how much harder it is to network OS9 than OSX with Windows. No doubt if i had money to burn i could use DAVE but can't justify $150 US for home use.

Can the new mini take older ADB peripherals? I still have a 6360 with a nice monitor and keyboard. Might be time for an upgrade.

The great idea with the mini is to take your old *PC* peripherals and convert you to OSX!

To upgrade a 6360, I think a B&W G3 is a great cheaper choice. That's what I use when not using my G4 PowerBook. It was the last Mac to have an ADB port built in and it is still supported by OSX. The B&W standard video card has a VGA output, but you could swap that for one with an Apple style if your monitor needs that. If you have other SCSI peripherals then the Adaptek 2930 PCI card works well.

Would probably cost less than $150 :-) Try the LEM swap list.

John