Hi,

On Sep 9, 2009, at 1:18 PM, Florian Ludwig Heckl wrote:

Hi Sebastien,

I thought it could be great to describe issues by just recording a short screencast of what is going on then insert the URL of the recording in the bugzilla entry.

The company I work for offer a free-really simple tool to record your screen without installation.

Users and developers could use it easily to communicate about their experience with OO.

For more information, bookmarklet, etc you can check it at
http://www.screenjelly.com

What do you think ?

I just a gave it a quick try. It looks good and would surely help understand problems a lot easier. But I do have a few questions (I am sure the answers are also on the website but ...): - Is there any kind of permission management or are videos just either private or public?

Only private (not shown on public timeline, must know the URL to access the video) / public (appears in recent videos timeline)

- Who can view private videos?

Anyone who has the not guessable URL.

- Can the videos also be downloaded?

Not for now

Thanks and kind regards,
Florian

I would be happy to get more feedback, to see what is missing to make it a better tool
for communities.

Sebastien