Michael Sicotte wrote:

I took a somewhat different approach, and I have a successful build. My goal was simply to have a working build - but I am interested in going to x64.

I do link against the 10.4u framework. I guess because I upgraded it is still present. I export
    export CC="ccache gcc-4.0"
    export CXX="ccache g++-4.0"

    export ARCH_FLAGS="- arch i386"

in the shell. This problem i saw was an error with -Wno-long-double in unxmacx.mk in solenv/inc.

Module lpsolve builds using a script ccc.osx that defines c=cc which I change to c=gcc-4.0

In addition to that I had to export
export objc=gcc-4.0
export objcpp=g++-4.0
as well.

But I also did a 'reduced' build only, i.e. without mozilla and binfilter.

Trying to use the default compiler (i.e. 4.2.1 instead of 4.0.1) immediately failed as no include files could be found.

An interesting fact is that Snow Leopard comes with Java 6 only, but this time in two versions: 32 and 64 bit. At least the build on SL had no problems with JDK 1.6 although stated differently on
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/AquaBuild#Prerequisites

A nice side effect is that Java extensions can now use Java 6 features even on the Mac - although this will break on Leopard.

Regards
Stephan